Sunday 18 April 2021

Michelle Moloney King : part five

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

It first enters the world through poetry journals publishing the work. 

I'm a primary school teacher with an undergraduate in computers….my mind is geared for quick answers and people knowing who they are...I'm not into sharing my work for feedback. I'm not going to grow from another's biased perspective but from reading widely and asking how I'd incorporate expansion into my own work. 

But I'm a firm believer in CPD so I'm doing workshops with Nikki from Streetcake and Mum Write. They're excellent for experimental poetry, playing with the visual form and techniques to create the first layer of your poem, which before, for me, were constructed in a very labour intensive fashion. 

And I've enrolled into Steven J. Fowler's asemic poetry course and cannot wait.

Life isn't about ego brain learning but chatting to people who are excelling in their field, supporting their work and lightly playing and expanding your own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment