Sunday 4 April 2021

Hannah Rousselot : part one

Hannah Rousselot (she/her) is a queer French-American poet, writer, and educator. Her poetry has appeared in many publications, including Parentheses Magazine, The McNeese Review, The Blue Nib, and The Broadkill Review. She has published two long works, Fragments of You (Kelsay Press) and Ocean Currents (Finishing Line Press). She also reviews other poet's works on hannahrousselot.com and is the host of Poetry Aloud. You can follow her work on facebook.com/hmrpoetry or @hannahrousselot, or hannahrousselot.com.

What are you working on?

Right now, I’m trying to write a book about love. I’ve written about grief- Fragments of You- and I’ve written about my struggle and triumphs with mental illness in Ocean Currents. My life has changed quite a lot in the past couple of years, and I want to highlight the love in my life- the love I receive and the love I give to others and myself. I’m eager to add this new perspective to my life. It took me a long time to accept myself, and now I am moving forward to love myself. This has allowed me to love others more completely, and I cannot wait to celebrate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment