Thursday 1 April 2021

Jaclyn Desforges : part one

Jaclyn Desforges is an award-winning poet and the author of a picture book, Why Are You So Quiet? (Annick Press, 2020), as well as a forthcoming poetry collection with Palimpsest Press. She is an MFA candidate at the University of British Columbia, and her writing has been featured in literary magazines across Canada. 

What are you working on?

Right now I’m working on edits for my full-length poetry collection, which is coming out this fall with Palimpsest Press. I’m also doing promo for my picture book, Why Are You So Quiet?, which was published by Annick Press last year. That book is all about the inner feeling of being a quiet, dreamy, introverted kid. And how other kids and teachers and parents sometimes react to those qualities. And how it’s okay to be different.

I’m also working on a collection of short fiction with the generous support of the Canada Council for the Arts. As well, I’m almost at the end of my MFA program at the University of British Columbia, though I didn’t take any classes this year because I’m homeschooling my six year old. I also just took a gig as Poetry Reviews Editor at the Hamilton Review of Books, which I’m really excited about. 

Also: Survival. Missing people I love. Trying my best to stay calm and in control for my partner and daughter. Reading too much Reddit and obsessing about American politics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment