Sunday 11 April 2021

Hannah Rousselot : part two

How did you first engage with poetry?

I’ve always loved writing. I started by writing stories with friends or in my personal journals. When I was young, my hamster died. It was difficult, and the way that I dealt with those emotions was to write a poem. I submitted it to the school magazine but they said it was too sad to publish! Luckily professional magazines have no such reservations.

I’ve been writing poetry ever since then. Poetry is a way for me to engage with my own feelings, for me to honor myself and my experiences. Poetry always allows me to connect with others, to give them an insight into my world. I’ve learned so much about others after they’ve read my poems; hearing what resonated with them is a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment