Saturday 3 April 2021

Jackie McManus : part one

Jackie McManus is the author of The Earthmover's Daughter and Related to Loon, based on her teaching experiences in a Yup’ik community in southwestern Alaska. She has been published in Cathexis Northwest, Sky Island Journal, Barstow & Grand, VoiceCatcher, Thimble Literary Magazine, among others. She resides in the NorthWest.

What are you working on?

Finishing Line Press just published my book, Related to Loon: a first year teacher in Tuluksak about my experience teaching in a Yup’ik community in southwestern Alaska. So I am busy getting the word out, marketing, the thing every poet or writer wrestles with. It’s in presales which means it can be purchased on their site with the hard copy shipping out in June.

Besides marketing the book, I have been revising my next chapbook, ‘Curses & Delights’ that I hope to have ready for publishers by summer. I am also working on a memoir with my daughter tentatively titled, ‘Blindfolded.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment