Thursday 1 April 2021

Jared Beloff : part one

Jared Beloff is a teacher and poet who lives in Queens, NY with his wife and two daughters. You can find his work in The Westchester Review, littledeathlit, and the forthcoming issues of Contrary Magazine, Gyroscope Review and others. You can find him online at www.jaredbeloff.com. Follow him on twitter @read_instead

What are you working on?

I have two chap ideas that I keep tinkering with and expanding and redacting depending on the week. I am learning to let go of the poems that I love but just don’t fit. The first and more complete chapbook is “Who Will Cradle Your Head?” a collection of about 25 poems that try to make sense of my role as a father, husband, and son. The other collection is “Ruthless” which is an offshoot of this project but through a more experimental mix of photography, concrete poems and visual poetry about my late bubbah, Ruth Beloff. She was this glamorous monolithic personality in my family, but I barely got to know her. She died of lung cancer when I was seven. The project explores her absence and the haunting presence she still has over my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment