Tuesday 27 April 2021

Matthew Lovegrove : part one

Matthew Lovegrove lives in the traditional, unceded territory of the Skwxwú7mesh Nation, works as a Curator in a small-town museum, and has released a series of folk albums under the name woodland telegraph. His poems have appeared in Red Alder Review, Train: a poetry journal, talking about strawberries all of the time, and elsewhere. Send help, learning to twitter @mwlovegrove    

How did you first engage with poetry?

After finishing a decade-long music project called the Canadian Landscape Trilogy with woodland telegraph, I took a break from writing songs. I was walking in my hometown one night, and out of nowhere, I was struck with the inspiration to write a piece juxtaposing the suburban landscape with the places I visit when mountaineering. I was surprised by how much fun I had, so I haven’t stopped since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment