Saturday 1 May 2021

Cora Siré : part one

Cora Siré is the author of two novels and two poetry collections. Her first book of poems, Signs of Subversive Innocents, was published in 2014 by Signature Editions. The second collection, Not in Vain You’ve Sent Me Light, is just out with Guernica Editions.  Her poetry, essays and short stories have been published in anthologies and magazines in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. She lives in Montréal.

What are you working on?

I’m preparing for the launch of my new book, a collection of poems published by Guernica Editions this spring. Not in Vain You’ve Sent Me Light is a high-voltage portrait gallery, with provocative depictions of lovers, heroes, artists, and mothers. It’s got a playful quality that I hope will resonate. The creation of this book was an adventure for me, and I’m very grateful to my publisher (@guernica_ed) as well as Elana Wolff whose astute editing and brilliant poetics were instrumental in helping me polish the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment