Saturday 29 May 2021

Andrew McSorley : part one

Andrew McSorley is the author of What Spirits Return (Kelsay Books, 2019). A graduate of the MFA program in creative writing at Southern Illinois University, his poetry has previously appeared or is forthcoming in journals such as The Minnesota Review, UCity Review, HAD, Birmingham Arts Journal, and many others. You can find him on twitter @andrew_myron, and on the web at www.andrewmcsorleypoetry.com He lives and works in Appleton, Wisconsin. 

Photo credit: Holly Tuyls

What are you working on?

For the last couple of months I have been taking up much more prose poetry than usual. I’m finding that the freedom of enjambment and the line allows me to focus more on narrative, which is something my poetry always wanted to focus on. But, the desire to be lyrical and melodic is too strong for me in the envelope of a form like, say, a sonnet. I love how brief I can be in a prose poem, but how much room I have to explore and jump around naturally, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment