Monday 28 June 2021

Heidi Greco : part four

Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

Yes, I am part of a poetry group, and I am immensely grateful for the intellectual and spiritual connection it has offered. Oh yes, and the all-important input on the poems, of course! We each send out two poems a week in advance of our meeting so everyone can read and consider the work before the time comes for exchanging edits and ideas. Although the group has undergone a few adjustments over the years, the core remains intact. Especially during the pandemic, these poets have provided a lifeline that feels like sanity. Although Zoom has sometimes felt like it causes a particular kind of fatigue, these sessions nearly always energize me, as they always offer new perspectives on the words with useful feedback on my work. I can think of only one time when the others have told me to leave the poem alone without suggesting changes. And even though they said this (which pleased me immensely) I’ll admit that I still found myself fiddling a bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment