Monday 28 June 2021

Annick Yerem : part one

Annick Yerem lives and works in Berlin. In her dreams, she can swim like a manatee. Annick tweets @missyerem and has, to her utmost delight, been published by Pendemic, Detritus, @publicpoetry, RiverMouthReview, #PoetRhy, Anti-Heroin-Chic, Rejection Letters, Dreich, 192, Eat The Storms podcast, The Failure Baler, Rainbow Poems and Wombwell Rainbow. She is currently working on her first chapbook, St. Eisenberg and The Sunshine Bus, which will be published by Hedgehog Poetry Press in 2022.

https://missyerem.wordpress.com. https://linktr.ee/annickyerem

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers` group that you work ideas and poems with?

I work in/with a writing group, The Flaming Flower Society. We are five writers from Scotland, England, the US and Germany and a lot of ideas and poems start in this group. It is a safe space and I trust them with everything I write. Am also a member of the German Stanza of the Poetry Society, where we share and/ or workshop poems. Whenever I can afford it, I get feedback from mentors/ writing coaches. I was lucky enough to work with Tara Skurtu last year and this month I am getting valuable feedback from Wendy Pratt on some of my poems. Wendy also facilitates wonderful online workshops and courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment