Monday 21 February 2022

Simon Brown : part two

Has your consideration of poetry changed since you began?

I’m sure it has, though I don’t remember exactly how I considered poetry before! But do I know with certainty that it has changed, because how I consider poetry is always changing. Every day, really! This is one of the things I most love about poetry, the fact that is always changing. Maybe seeing poetry as having a fundamentally changing nature is itself what has changed for me, in a way. When I was younger, I definitely didn’t know what poetry was, but I assumed that someone somewhere did know, and that it was Something, that is, something immutable, or even eternal. Now, I even feel that the essence itself of poetry might be change, whatever (ever-changing) form that this change might take.

No comments:

Post a Comment