Monday 7 February 2022

Aysegul Yildirim : part five

What poets changed the way you thought about writing?

The most recent example is when I saw Carol Ann Duffy’s adaptation of ‘Everyman’ performed by Miracle Theatre few months ago in Cornwall. I was blown away by the seamlessness of the contemporary rendering of the old text, the stage design and the performances. That night I read the script. It was such an experience at a time when I was already thinking a lot about the intimate dialog between poetry and playwriting. Having said that, for me, any author has the credibility to change how I think about writing at any time. We need to expose ourselves to as much work as possible. And that’s not only that of the literary but also many other realms of creative endeavour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment