Friday 24 December 2021

Kevin Varrone : part one

Kevin Varrone’s chapbook, How to Count to Ten, was recently published by above/ground press. He live outside Philadelphia.

What are you working on?

I’m currently RE-working on something I have been writing for a few years now. It’s a book-length sequence of poems about the alphabet called The Collected Letters. It began when my 3 kids, who are each 2 years apart, were at various stages of language acquisition and I started (re) paying attention to words and letters and even the component graphic elements of letters, (sort of) as if I was encountering them for the first time (again?). I’ve been at these poems for a number of years now, trying to figure out what I’d like them to do and then trying to get them to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment