Tuesday 7 December 2021

Cam Scott : part one

Cam Scott is a poet, critic, and non-musician from Winnipeg, Canada, Treaty 1 territory. He is the author of the poem ROMANS/SNOWMARE. A book of essays, THE VANISHING SIGNS, is forthcoming from ARP Books in 2022.

Photo credit: Robert Szkolnicki

What are you working on?

My project consists for the most part in a single poem, entitled ROMANS/SNOWMARE. This poem is a lengthy agglomeration of sentences without an obvious beginning or end, rebuffing closure and sequentiality, to which I add something every day. I started organizing my writing under this heading in order to address a restless feeling, that I was constantly writing and annotating but not producing anything; and this kind of slowly aggregative collage work more or less solves the problem of content and inspiration, because the poem is always growing even when it doesn’t feel as though I’m writing anything at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment