Wednesday 29 September 2021

Arden Hunter : part one

Arden Hunter is an aroace agender writer, artist and performer. With an eclectic range of interests from the horrific to the whimsical, the theme tying all of their work together is an inexplicable and unconditional love of the ridiculous beast that is called 'human'. Arden has words and art hosted by Farther from the Trees, The Bear Creek Gazette and Beir Bua, among other places. Find them on Twitter @hunterarden.

What are you working on?

I always have multiple projects on the go, but right now I’m writing a poem called, ‘Kitchen-scissor pixie’ about gender dysphoria, and another one called, ‘Sometimes I shake in the mornings,’ which looks at how our fears are embodied and entwined within us. I’m also cleaning up a few pieces that I wrote a couple weeks ago, as I tend to do the first draft then leave them alone for a while. I find it hard to edit them when they are just written as they feel a bit raw and I think I’ll mess them up with the pressure. Aside from poetry, I’m working on some speculative flash for various submission calls and an eventual collection, and the first draft of my novel; an exploration of how the objects we leave behind when we die continue to affect our loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment