Sunday 26 September 2021

Andy N : part one

Andy N is the author of six poetry collections, the most recent being Haiku of Life and numerous split poetry books.

He is the host / co-host of Podcasts such as Spoken Label, Reading in Bed and Colleen, Andy N and Amanda

He co-runs Chorlton Cum Hardy’s always welcoming Spoken Word Open Mic night ‘Speak Easy’ and does ambient music under the name of Ocean in a Bottle.

His website is: onewriterandhispc.blogspot.com 

What are you working on?

Several things as is which usually the case with me with my writing sometimes. Over the past few years, me and my wife (Previously Amanda Steel now Amanda Nicholson) have being working on a few poetry based chapbooks. 

The first was published in 2019 called Run away with me in 7 words where we would take it in turns writing a line of a long piece each, which had to be 7 lines before then following it up the year after with our lockdown chapbook The Lockdown was all we could see which covered our various emotions over lockdown with a series of poems wrote  separate and together.

Currently, instead of just writing one book together, myself and Amanda finishing off the sequel to Run away with me in 7 words cunningly titled Run away with me again in 8 words which is a long piece with each line which we take it in turns writing being 8 lines instead of 7. This should be out in November. 

We also have another chapbook which will be done also which was wrote hand in hand with Run away with me again due for release at the start of 2022 which has a working title of ‘Winter was all we could see’ which is a series of winter based poems, some of we have co-wrote.

I am now co-writing Europa 5 which is the latest in a series of anti war poetry books with anti war poet and friend, Nick Armbrister which is focusing on a certain country which I won’t name which is having a lot of trouble and my next full length poetry book Changing Carriages at Birmingham new Street which I have wrote just over 70 pages on (and a lot more to come).

No comments:

Post a Comment