Sunday 19 September 2021

Alyse Bensel : part four

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

Having served as a book reviews editor for several years and as a regular book reviewer for the past decade, I read a lot, and constantly, so much I sometimes wish I could slow down. The problem is that there is so much incredible work to read, especially with books that don’t get the attention I may feel they deserve. I’ll admit that I’ve been devouring more prose lately, since the summer is when I raid the shelves of my local library. But, if I consult my running list, this past year the poetry collections that have struck me most in their treatment of loss in many different ways are Self-Portrait with Cephalopod by Kathryn Smith, If This Is the Age We End Discovery by Rosebud Ben-Oni, Arrow by Sumita Chakraborty, Dear Memory by Victoria Chang, Dialogues with Rising Tides by Kelli Russell Agodon, and Lightning Falls in Love by Laura Kasischke. There are dozens more I could add to that list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment