Tuesday 2 March 2021

Jaswinder Bolina : part one

Jaswinder Bolina is author of the essay collection Of Color (McSweeney's 2020); three full-length collections of poetry, The 44th of July (2019), Phantom Camera (2013), and Carrier Wave (2007); and a digital chapbook, The Tallest Building in America (2014).

What are you working on?

I’m working on a fourth collection of poetry and am just about finished with it, I think. It’s called English as a Second Language and Other Poems (or The Usual Entertainment). After several books with short titles, I decided to go long on this one. We’ll see if anyone wants to publish it soon enough. I hope so. It took a lot of work on very little sleep. Of course, that makes me worry it’s an incoherent mess, but I’ve had the very best time of my writing life putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment