Sunday 21 April 2019

Lucas Lejeune : part two

What poets changed the way you thought about writing?

Kenneth Goldsmith, and all the conceptual poets he represents, completely changed my view on writing in general. The way he formulates the ideas behind uncreative writing is very compelling to me. It seems perfectly relevant to this day and age. These ideas are pretty old and omnipresent nowadays, but he's first to articulate and illustrate them in such a radical way. To me, retyping every weather broadcast for a year or every word he said for a week are powerful poetic gestures. Many of my own are an extension of this peculiar, loving yet disrespectful attitude towards language itself. I, however, aspire to voluntarily add an element of lyricism in my work, which is why I would consider myself a post-conceptual writer. Goerges Perec and Oulipo in general are also great sources of inspiration for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment