Thursday 11 April 2019

Colin Dardis : part three

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

My wife, Geraldine O’Kane, and I run a monthly open mic night in Belfast, Purely Poetry. A lot of our new work might receive its first airing there. I feel your mood can change from reading it on the page to expressing it on a stage. Sometimes the audience reaction might impact on the poem, but ultimately it depends on yourself. It is wasn’t a good reading, if you felt you could have done better, usually, it’s down to weak writing rather than how you read. Otherwise, I’m a bit of a loner with my writing. My wife is a poet too, so I’m getting better with sharing new pieces with her, but she only hears the semi-decent stuff, not the tripe!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment