Sunday 21 April 2019

Jennifer Kronovet : part one

Jennifer Kronovet is the author of two poetry collections, most recently The Wug Test (Ecco). She is the editor of Circumference Books, a press for poetry in translation. She co-translated two books of poetry, Empty Chairs by Chinese poet Liu Xia (with Ming Di) and The Acrobat by Yiddish writer Celia Dropkin (with Faith Jones and Samuel Solomon). She lives in Berlin, Germany.

What are you working on?

I’m writing a series of poems about an island here in Berlin called Peacock Island. I’m hoping that writing into this place can lead me deeper into a knot I’m stuck in—a knot of history. I’m also working on bringing a book I love into the world as the editor of Circumference Books, a new press for poetry in translation. This book is Camouflage, by Galician poet Lupe Gómez, translated by the amazing poet Erín Moure. Working with Érin, and with Dan Visel, the designer/programmer/developer with whom I run the press, has been a joy through and through. I’m so excited to hold this fantastic book in my hands. It’s at the printer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment