Saturday 5 January 2019

Gillian Sze : part one

Gillian Sze is the author of nine poetry collections, including Peeling Rambutan, Redrafting Winter, and Panicle, which were finalists for the QWF A. M. Klein Prize for Poetry. She studied Creative Writing and English Literature at Concordia University and received a Ph.D. in Études anglaises from Université de Montréal. Gillian has served as a judge for various writing competitions including This Magazine’s Great Canadian Literary Hunt, the National Magazine Awards, and the bpNichol Chapbook Award. Her current project, a book of essays, is supported by a grant from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec. Originally from Winnipeg, she now resides in Montreal where she teaches creative writing and literature. www.gilliansze.com

Photo credit: Christian Lee

What are you working on?

I just finished making Rice Krispies squares and I’m waiting for them to cool here on the counter. I’m wearing my sleeping four-month-old daughter in the kitchen. This is when I can squeeze in my reading and writing. I have opened on my Mac a doc with an unfinished essay, another doc with an unfinished long poem, proofs of my article, and the completed draft of my friend’s novel (of which I am thoroughly enjoying being a first reader!).


No comments:

Post a Comment