Friday 11 January 2019

David Estringel : part one

David Estringel is an avid reader, poet, and writer of fiction, creative non-fiction, & essays. His work has been accepted and/or published by Specter Magazine, Literary Juice, Foliate Oak Magazine, Indiana Review, Terror House Magazine, Expat Press, 50 Haikus, littledeathlit, Down in the Dirt Magazine, Route 7, Setu Bilingual Journal, Paper Trains, The Elixir Magazine, Soft Cartel, and The Good Men Project. He is currently a Contributing Editor (fiction) at Red Fez, editor/columnist at The Good Men Project, and an editor/writer at The Elixir Magazine. Connect with David on Twitter (@The_Booky_Man) and his blog "The Booky Man" at www.thebookyman.wordpress.com.

What are you working on? 

I just finished an “experimental” batch of poetry, recently, that I am testing the waters with. I am playing more with structure and form, word choices, sounds, and rhythm. A lot more “dirty realism” has made its way into the work, especially the shorter pieces, emphasizing very real moments in the human experience. I hadn’t “gone there” yet, so I am looking at this as a sort of creative “breakthrough” of sorts. Other than that, I am working on my first chapbook of poetry “Indelible Fingerprints,” writing short-fiction pieces, and doing some writing/editing for some literary magazines and The Good Men Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment