Saturday 19 March 2022

River Elizabeth Hall : part five

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

So many. I never read one book at a time. I jump around quite a lot. Oscar the Misanthropist by Judith Skillman and A Quiet Day with the West on Fire by Margot Kahn are two new poetry chapbooks from the winner and finalist of 2021 Floating Bridge Chapbook contest, both of which just arrived in my mailbox. 

Additionally, I have been re-reading Plath’s collected works (one poem a day) since December and making my way through Frank Bidart’s collected works. He has been recommended to me so many times, but I’d never sat with his work until now. I’m really enjoying it, especially his early persona poems. I have yet to write a persona poem and I am very intrigued by the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment