Saturday 26 March 2022

Mary Mulholland : part one

Mary Mulholland’s poems are widely published, for example in AMBIT, Perverse, Arc, London Grip, Marble, Finished Creatures, MIROnline, Aesthetica, Under the Rader and elsewhere. Among many other mentions she was recently highly commended in AMBIT’s 2021 Competition, shortlisted in Live Canon, 2021, a winner in the Poetry Society Members’ Competitions, 2021 and 2020. Former journalist and psychotherapist, she co-co-edits The Alchemy Spoon, founded Red Door Poets and is a member of the Crocodile Collective.

In January her pamphlet collaborative with Simon Maddrell and Vasiliki Albedo (All About Our Mothers) was published by Nine Pens, and her debut pamphlet, What the Sheep Taught Me, will shortly be published by Live Canon.

What are you working on?

I was recently part of a collaboration with Simon Maddrell and Vasiliki Albedo, All About Our Mothers (Nine Pens). Collaborating is a really fun exercise. Right now, I am finishing off my debut pamphlet, What the sheep taught me (with Live Canon), loosely about time I spent farm-sitting (Barbados blackbelly sheep) but also about relationship. I'm also writing and submitting, plus working on three other pamphlets/ collections, one about my maternal side in Guyana, one challenging the prejudices about ageing, and a collection about our connectivity: to the world, to 'other' and to ourselves. I've recently finished a Faber Course which was great, and am also co-editor of a magazine, The Alchemy Spoon (www.alchemyspoon.org), and do interviews and book reviews for that, too. We're currently putting issue 6 to bed. Finally, I am busy with a collective I founded, Red Door Poets: we host regular readings on Zoom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment