Wednesday 26 January 2022

Maureen O'Leary : part one

Maureen O’Leary lives in California. Her recent and upcoming work appears in Coffin Bell Journal, The Black Fork Review, Bandit Fiction, The Horror Zine, Archive of the Odd, Train Poetry Journal, Live Nude Poems, The Esopus Reader, Hush Lit, Passengers Journal, Penumbric Speculative Fiction, Black Spot Books' anthology Under Her Skin, and Sycamore Review. She is a graduate of Ashland MFA.

What are you working on?

In my novel revision, short stories and poetry I’m trying to get to the bottom of an idea I have that we are all ghosts haunting the people and places holding our unfinished business. For example, I am the ghost haunting the people who are living in the house where I grew up. I’m obsessed right now with unfinished business and longing and wishing things were different than they were. The writing keeps coming out poem-shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment