Wednesday 26 January 2022

Douglas Piccinnini : part one

Douglas Piccinnini is recently the author of The Grave Itself (Ethel, 2021) and his newest collection of poems, A Western Sky, is forthcoming with Greying Ghost. Previously, he is the author of two full-length collections: Blood Oboe (Omnidawn, 2015) and Story Book: a novella (The Cultural Society, 2015). New work has appeared or is forthcoming in Denver Quarterly, Colorado Review, Dreginald, Fence, Hot Pink, Lana Turner, Michigan Quarterly Review, Prelude, Tupelo Quarterly and Volt. More at www.douglaspiccinnini.com

What are you working on?

Beautiful, Safe & Free is a manuscript that I began working on almost a decade ago. It’s been called many things – I think I am ready to leave it behind and take on a new paramour. And, I’ve fought with it in some ways to mean correctly or remain free of the influence of more profitable editing. At this point, I believe that it may have found its rightful home – more on that soon. Omnidawn published my first full-length book Blood Oboe in 2015 and lately, I’ve been thinking of rewriting that. A long, serial poem about loss called A Western Sky is forthcoming with Carl Annarummo’s Greying Ghost. Carl makes beautiful books and I’m lucky to be working with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment