Sunday 17 October 2021

John Elizabeth Stintzi : part three

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

It depends on the medium. I tend to send my (short) fiction to my writer friends, or my writing group here in Kansas City. I don’t really share as much when it comes to poetry or my novels. With novels it is partly that I don’t want to suck up so much of someone’s time, and I also don’t generally want so many different points of view on it either. With poetry, I think it may come down to the fact I’m not sure I care what other people think about them, because I am much more comfortable just writing and revising it to myself. I have some friends I share my poetry with, but part of the reason those who get the poems get them is that I trust they aren’t going to try and give me a bunch of feedback on it. They will just be like “this rules,” and that’s really almost all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment