Thursday 14 June 2018

Molly Cross-Blanchard : part three

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

If you don’t have a writers group to lean on, get one ASAP. Working with my group in Winnipeg (lookin’ at you, Hunters Writing Collective) taught me how to write poetry and how to navigate the literary business world. We still keep in touch and share our work even though we’re scattered across several continents. On top of this support group, as I’m sure many other writers can echo, I send my poems to my mother for expert, completely unbiased feedback. Though recently, my poems have been more and more about sex and vaginas, so Mom hasn’t seen much of the chapbook yet. Sorry in advance, Mom. And Dad. Oh no, Dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment