Wednesday 27 June 2018

MLA Chernoff : part four


What other poetry books have you been reading lately?



I recently finished reading Divya Victor’s Kith and I’m honestly speechless.



When I’m not close-reading Joe Rosenblatt and A.M. Klein’s respective bodies of work (they’re the focus of the first chapter of my dissertation), I’m mostly reading friendos and/or acquaintances. The Metatron catalogue, for instance, is brimming with talented poets whom’st’d’ve I really admire, such as Liz Bowen, Alex Manley, and Sennah Yee. Bowen’s Sugarblood brought me to tears AND fears when I read it a few weeks ago. 



I’ve been revisiting a lot of work by Adeena Karasick. I highly recommend her Gap Riot Press chapbook, Salomé: Woman of Valor, which I felt the need to read quite a few times. Stylistically, it is in difference to older texts like Genrecide and Mmewars, in the sense that it’s hyperbolically musical, and (for me personally) acts as a kind of guide to some of Karasick’s older works.



It wouldn’t be surprising if they were already sold out, but I’m really excited to get a hold of Dani Spinosa’s Chant Uhm (sound poem for Kathleen Hanna) and Incessantly (for Mariah Carey), as well as Kate Siklosi’s MAY DAY, each of which are available through no press.



I’m obsessed with Eric Schmaltz’s Surfaces––it’s a sensuous rapture, sounding touch and touching sound, neatly packaged into various states of visual disarray. You know?



Joshua Whitehead’s full-metal indigiqueer is, idk, one of the best books I’ve ever read? Just… WOW.



Whenever I’m anxious, I pick up Darcie Wilder’s literally show me a healthy person and skip to a random page. It’s a really good book to vape to.




No comments:

Post a Comment