Wednesday 16 May 2018

Kristin Garth : part one

Kristin Garth is a poet from Pensacola, a kneesock enthusiast and a sonnet stalker.  Her sonnets have stalked the pages of Occulum, Drunk Monkeys, Luna Luna, Moonchild Magazine, Midnight Lane Boutique and many other publications.  Her first chapbook Pink Plastic House is available from Maverick Duck Press.  Her second chapbook Shakespeare for Sociopaths is forthcoming from The Hedgehog Poetry Press January 2019.  Follow her sonnets, socks and secrets on Twitter: @lolaandjolie.

What are you working on?

I just completed a chapbook Shakespeare for Sociopaths.  It’s 37 Shakespearean sonnets on the subject of sociopaths.  This is my second chapbook.  My first was very personal to me because it was very biographical and it was like a pink Barbie dreamhouse of my life.  Shakespeare for Sociopaths is about influences:  William Shakespeare who designed the cage for most of my poetic creations – a cage, I will clarify, that liberates from me from thinking about form a lot and focusing on content.  It is a cage that I feel free to let my wild subjects roam and roar in the safety of 14 lines.  It keeps me terse and bold that cage, and I’m excited to celebrate it and the dark influences from life and literature that I have struggled against or stumbled upon in nightmares or books. 

Shakespeare for Sociopaths is a 40-page chapbook which will be released by The Hedgehog Poetry Press on my birthday, for good luck, January 17th, 2019.  I am so excited to be published by this fine press and to bring this book to everyone and share my love for Shakespeare, true crime, sinister characters, survival and dark influences.

Also, tonight I recorded a poem for my Twitter.  I love to make Soundcloud audios of my poetry and post them.  I call it The Garth House of Poetry & Burlesque (as I was once a stripper); people who read my poetry know this very well.  (It’s a very favorite subject of mine.)


No comments:

Post a Comment