Monday 21 May 2018

Anita Dolman : part five

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

As I was writing this, Gwen Benaway’s second poetry collection, Passage, came in the mail, and I am very excited to finally read that. I’m currently reading Faizal Deen’s Land Without Chocolate: A Memoir. I finished Christine McNair’s Charm not too long ago, and, of course, the Canadian Ginger: An anthology of poetry and prose by and about redheads, in which I have a poem. I try to have one book of fiction, one of non-fiction and one of poetry on the go at any given time. Right now, my fiction is André Aciman’s Call Me By Your Name and the non-fiction is Erin Wunker’s Notes From a Feminist Killjoy, which I admit to reading in very small bursts and then setting aside for a week or more at a time, as it resonates painfully but in a way I absolutely need to see through.

I also occasionally review books for Arc Poetry Magazine, and I have to say my favourite among recent reads for them was Kim Fu’s How Festive the Ambulance.

No comments:

Post a Comment