Thursday 3 May 2018

Domenico Capilongo : part one

Domenico Capilongo is a high-school creative writing teacher and Karate instructor. His first books of poetry, I thought elvis was italian, hold the note and short fiction collection, Subtitles almost won several awards. His latest book of poetry, send, is about how we communicate.

Photo credit: Lynda Anthony

What are you working on?

I have a new manuscript based on the jazz classic, "Salt Peanuts". It was fun to focus on one main subject, and let the poetry grow from there. I'm also working on some poetry about and using words that entered the English language the year I was born.  I hope it will expand into an exploration of both language and memory. I also recently started a huge deletion poetry project using some of the greatest novels ever written. Oh, and yes, of course, there's always that pesky novel I'm still trying to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment