Monday 15 August 2022

Rachel Mallalieu : part one

Rachel Mallalieu is an emergency physician and mother of five. She writes poetry in her spare time. She is the author of A History of Resurrection (Alien Buddha Press 2022).  Some of her recent poetry is featured in Nelle, A Gathering of the Tribes, Dialogist and Rattle. More of her work can be found at rachel-mallalieu.com.

What are you working on?

I am admittedly in a dry spell. I published my first book in April and had a number of poems published back to back in journals. I think I slacked off after that. This summer, I’ve been taking the time to go back and edit and rework old poems that are still unpublished. I am intermittently working on a difficult poem that I began to write after a young mother in our community died.

No comments:

Post a Comment