Tuesday 30 August 2022

Jared Povanda : part one

Jared Povanda is a writer, poet, and freelance editor from upstate New York. He has been nominated multiple times for Best of the Net and Best Microfiction, and his work has been published or is forthcoming in literary journals including Wigleaf, The Citron Review, and Milk Candy Review. You can find him online @JaredPovanda, jaredpovandawriting.wordpress.com, and in the Poets & Writers Directory

What are you working on?

Currently, single poems. I find myself getting drawn to a few images I can’t get out of my head: mainly, people alone in nature. People reckoning with nature. This reckoning can result in rebirth or in destruction of some sort, but regardless of where the speakers of my poems end up, I’ve been having a lot of fun writing poems that require people to confront their own smallness within a much bigger world. Sometimes the isolation nature provides is a curse, and sometimes it is a gift, and it’s great to explore both sides of that dichotomy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment