Saturday 9 April 2022

Conor Mc Donnell : part two

What are you working on?

A bunch of things. I have finished my second manuscript and am not really tinkering with that anymore, it’s a done thing now. I’ve been working on my third MS which is a long poem, which I didn’t really realize was a book idea until speaking with my editor in recent weeks. I’m about 60 pages in and feel almost done. Even though I read voraciously I was unaware that book-length long poems are the in-thing right now so that kinda pissed me off but, I know myself this is what needed to come out of me this year and I wrote it in a vacuum so, by the time it comes out in a few years, trends will have passed on to something newer and cooler than my dumb ass. Otherwise, I have taken the summer to rest and write because that is my academic ‘time-off’. Come September, I will be re-engaging with my research program at SickKids Hospital, writing-rounds for physicians at University of Toronto, and chairing Canadian Committees for Safety & Quality in pediatric anesthesiology and adult anesthesiology, respectively. It weighs heavy to realize that’s just the tip of my non-poetry non-clinical iceberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment