Sunday 15 August 2021

Shiksha Dheda : part one

Shiksha Dheda is a South African of Indian descent. She uses writing to express her OCD and depression roller-coaster ventures. Sometimes, she dabbles in photography, painting, and baking lopsided layered cakes. Her debut poetry collection, Washed Away, is forthcoming with Alien Buddha Press

She rambles annoyingly on at Twitter: @ShikshaWrites. Her website is: https://shikshadheda.wixsite.com/writing

What are you working on?

Right now, as I have my debut poetry collection coming out soon with Alien Buddha Press, I’m feeling a little lost. An entire bunch of my poems have been placed in that collection, which is an extremely personal collection for me. As it focuses on my struggles with OCD and depression, I’m finding it slightly tough to kind of write about a)other topics or b)the same topics but in a vastly different manner, without the writing seeming like it should fit into the debut collection. 

So, I am actually trying something completely different and trying to work, or rather venture into the amazingly vast world of visual poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment