Friday 13 August 2021

Nathan Alexander Moore : part one

Nathan Alexander Moore (she/they) is a Black genderfluid transfemme writer, scholar, and dreamer currently based in Austin, TX. They hold a master’s degree from SUNY Buffalo where they studied creative writing and Black literature and cultures. Currently, she is a PhD candidate at the University of Texas at Austin in the department of African and African Diaspora Studies. Their work has previously been published or is forthcoming from Pulse/Pulso: In Remembrance of Orlando from Damaged Goods Press, P-QUEUE, ode to Queer and Peauxdunque Review. Her poetry chapbook, small colossus, is new from above/ground press

How does a poem begin?

Usually with a random flash of inspiration: I’ll get fixated on an image, or even a feeling. Sometimes it’s a memory or experience that I can’t shake, that keeps floating around my skull. If whatever it is lingers long enough, I can hear the first line of the poem and then I just want to write the rest of it to see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment