Friday 23 July 2021

Ken Norris : part one

Ken Norris was born in New York City in 1951. He came to Canada in the early 1970s, to escape Nixon-era America and to pursue his graduate education. He completed an M.A. at Concordia University and a Ph.D. in Canadian Literature at McGill University. He became a Canadian citizen in 1985. His most recent book is South China Sea (Guernica Editions). He currently resides in Toronto.

What are you working on?

I just finished working on a chapbook called Hawaiian Sunrise. It is coming out with above/ground press. It is my “work of the pandemic.” I wrote it in Hawaii in December and January. It’s pretty much all I have to say about the Covid-19 experience-- that is the atmosphere in which the poems take place. Covid-19 + Hawaii. Negative tests and surfing. It was the worst of times and the best of times. 

It is probably the most off-balance thing I have ever written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment