Tuesday 14 July 2020

Calibna J. Kerr : part two

Has your consideration of poetry changed since you began?

Yes, I think it has. There is a lot of repetition across the market currently, the same old verses and stanzas and structures which has potentially contributed to the diminishing of its omnipotence within society. I have been writing poetry for as long as I can remember, and more and more, there has become less focus on rigid meters and the art of structuring a poem to set specific guidelines. Instead, when I approach this now, I allow it form a stream of consciousness rather than measuring out syllables and thinking about the implicit intentions of employing specific rhyme schemes. It is important that freedom of expression does not become limited in any form of the written word, and as the art itself has progressed through the ages, I think the deeper meanings, the images and the figurative message is much more important than adhering to specific standards.


No comments:

Post a Comment