Monday 25 May 2020

Alex Manley : part five

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

I spent the final months of 2019 feverishly trying to meet a Goodreads goal that I was lagging way behind and ended up meeting it by pivoting to poetry collections, hard. I ended up finishing two poetry collections on December 31st around 11:30 p.m., having briefly snuck away from the New Year’s Eve party I was hosting. (My partner was not pleased.) These are the poetry collections I read during the course of that frantic late-year dash and a handful from 2020 so far:

Garments Against Women by Anne Boyer
Confirmation Bias by Ivanna Baranova
Tampion by Ali Pinkney
Space Struck by Paige Lewis
Number One Earth by Jasper Avery
Holy Wild by Gwen Benaway
Ghost Of by Diana Khoi Nguyen
Feed by Tommy Pico
Love Speech by Xiao Xuan/Sherry Huang
Renaissance Normcore by Adele Barclay
A Fortune for Your Disaster by Hanif Abdurraqib
Prosopopoeia by Shazia Hafiz Ramji
Deaf Republic by Ilya Kaminsky
Even This Page Is White by Vivek Shraya
Mercy Tax by Rebecca Rustin
Homie by Danez Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment