Friday 22 January 2021

Roisin Ní Neachtain : part one

Roisin Ní Neachtain is an emerging Irish-Scottish artist, poet and translator.

She was born in Geneva, Switzerland and, though mainly self-taught, was briefly educated at the National College of Art and Design in Dublin and then at Trinity College Dublin before studying under Irish artist Gill Berry for two years. She formerly exhibited under the name “Georgie Wren” and is the creator and editor of the art and poetry journal Crow of Minerva

She is currently working on her first collection of poetry, “The Earth that Flaked to Ashes.”

What are you working on?  

I have spent the last year and a half working on my first collection of poetry. I think it’s finished but I have applied to a number of programs and mentorships and am open to reworking the collection. I have been studying French poetry more intensely and am hoping to begin my first French collection soon. I am also looking into translating some French poets into English.

No comments:

Post a Comment