Saturday 16 January 2021

Daniel Scott Tysdal : part one

Daniel Scott Tysdal is the ReLit Award-winning author of three books of poetry, the poetry textbook The Writing Moment: A Practical Guide to Creating Poems (Oxford University Press), and the TEDx talk, “Everything You Need to Write a Poem (and How It Can Save a Life).” His short films have screened at festivals in Canada, the US, Mexico, and Australia. Most recently, his short film Wave Form won Best Experimental Short at the Arizona Underground Film Festival and Frog Hollow Press published his chapbook, Mad Fold-In Poems. He teaches at the University of Toronto Scarborough.

Photo Credit: Katie Fewster-Yan

What are you working on?

I recently published a chapbook with Frog Hollow Press, Mad Fold-In Poems, and now I’m working on finishing a full-length collection of fold-in poems. I’m also working on a short sort of documentary/film poem about the chickadees I befriended in early autumn. Sadly, I no longer live where those chickadees live, and I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment