Tuesday 19 July 2022

Andrew Michael Gorin : part five

What are you working on?

With the Aotearoa New Zealand-born environmental artist Amy Howden-Chapman, I’m working on an ongoing project called The Apologies, which draws on our research into the historical form of the public apology to represent imaginary apologies for the climate crisis. Twenty apologies from the project were recently put up in a room installation at the East Quay museum in Watchet, England. We’re researching and writing new apologies, which we hope to publish as a book and exhibit in the US soon. 

I’m also slowly completing a full-length experimental and research-based poetry volume, tentatively titled This Must Be The Place. It has to do with the ways the climate crisis is changing our paradigmatic experiences of emplacement. My chapbook based on this manuscript, Simple Location, will be published by above/ground press, hopefully before the end of this year. Oh, and I’m developing a sequel to my conceptual social-media poetry book Someone Like You (Gauss PDF, 2017). I’m calling it Someone Like Two. But, I ask you, where are the conceptual pdf publishers of yesteryear?

Finally (and most robustly in the immediate present), I’m working on what seems like an infinity of job and grant applications. Isn’t everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment