Friday 6 May 2022

Catrice Greer : part one

Catrice Greer is a Baltimore-based writer and a 2021 Pushcart Prize Nominee. In November 2020, she served as a Poet-In-Residence for Cheltenham Poetry Festival (UK). Her poetic work explores a range of topics about the human condition including mental health wellness, trauma, healing, sciences, nature, astronomy, transcendence, spirituality, identity, heritage, and cultural ancestry.   She is published in local publications, online journals, and international anthologies. Currently, Catrice is Co-Editor of Lapidus Magazine (Lapidus International, UK), Guest Editor for IceFloe Press (Canada), and a Guest Poetry reviewer for Fevers of the Mind (USA). 

How does your work first enter the World? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with? 

I may share a WIP (work in progress) during a small writing workshop.  However, most of my work is unseen. I am very private. I am the only person that edits and reads my work and prepares it for publication. It is helpful for me, because I need to hear the voice that gave me the poem.

When ready to publish a collection, I will carefully choose one or two skilled, trustworthy editors to trust who believe in my work, and appreciate me as an artist and as a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment