Tuesday 9 November 2021

Meg Kearney : part two

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

We all need community, right? I have two first readers with whom I share poems when they feel ready; one is a poetry lover but not a writer, and the other is a poet I respect very much. Both perspectives are vastly different and invaluable. But I think it’s also vitally important to have a safe space in which to read new work, as there’s nothing like hearing yourself read a poem in public to know if it’s really “finished” yet. For years that audience was at the Frost Place in Franconia, New Hampshire; and now it’s among the students, alumni, and faculty of the Solstice MFA Program, which I direct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment