Sunday 14 November 2021

Charlie Petch : part two

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

I recently read Tenille K. Campbell’s nedi nezu (good medicine), Arsesnal Pulp Press, so hot and steamy, and honest and funny, it paired well with Molly-Cross Blanchard’s Exhibitionist which is also raw, real and erotic and published by Coach House Press. Also the legendary Lillian Allen’s Make The World New, a selection of her poetry from Laurier Poetry Series, a real masterclass of spoken word and Jamaican Dub. So happy for this much overdue collection of her iconic poems and some new ones. I’m pretty intentional on whose work I read with whose, I always have a few books on the go, because of my distracted mind, but you want the right ingredients in that cocktail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment