Wednesday 3 November 2021

Angelo Mao : part one

Angelo Mao is a research scientist and writer. He received his PhD in bioengineering from Harvard University. His first book of poems is Abattoir (Burnside Review Press, 2021). His work has appeared or is forthcoming Lana Turner, The Georgia Review, Poetry Magazine, and elsewhere. He has also reviewed for Opera News and Boston Classical Review.

What are you working on?

My first book, Abattoir, comes out in November 2021 from Burnside Review Press. I wrote it during my PhD in bioengineering as an investigation of my experiences using live animal subjects for my scientific endeavors. It’s been great working with my editor Dan Kaplan, who has very kindly held my hand throughout the literary publishing process.

In addition to that, I’m working on a mass of poems focused on my Chinese-American heritage. The Black Lives Matter movement and the pandemic together inspired me to explore this side of my identity and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment