Wednesday 17 June 2020

Alice Burdick : part one

Alice Burdick is the author of four full-length poetry collections, and a book of selected poems: Deportment: The Poetry of Alice Burdick. Her work has appeared in many chapbooks, broadsides, folios, magazines, journals, and anthologies, and she co-owns an independent bookstore in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia called Lexicon Books.

What are you working on?

I have found these months of the pandemic a very unproductive time in terms of writing poetry. I am working on a variety of writing projects, including a fun collaboration, but mainly I’m just keeping up with life - figuring out daily existence things like feeding, housing, and clothing the kids and cats (not so much with the clothes for the cats). Every now and then I write something, but it is incidental and not something I can dedicate a lot of time to right now. I’ve been doing this long enough that I know that life is doing the writing right now, and bits and pieces will present themselves for use later.

No comments:

Post a Comment